The California Energy Commission invests more than $150 million annually in scientific and technological research to:
- Expand the use of renewable energy
- Build a safer and more resilient energy system
- Advance zero-carbon technologies for homes, businesses, and transportation
- Implement a more decentralized electric grid
- Improve the affordability, health, and comfort of California’s communities
- Support California’s local economies and businesses
- Ensure California’s transition to a low-carbon economy benefits diverse businesses, disadvantaged- and low-income communities, and tribes.
Highlighting Innovation by the Numbers
In CEC funding awarded to organizations working to bring innovative new solutions to California's energy sector
In private investment raised by businesses after receiving CEC funding and support
Project Sites in California that have demonstrated new energy technology solutions with CEC funding
Learn about the key areas of focus for CEC-funded research.