The California Energy Commission invests more than $150 million annually in scientific and technological research for:
- Expanding the use of renewable energy
- Building a safer and more resilient energy system
- Advancing zero-carbon technologies for homes, businesses, and transportation
- Implementing a more decentralized electric grid
- Improving the affordability, health, and comfort of California’s communities
- Supporting California’s local economies and businesses
- Ensuring California’s transition to a low-carbon economy benefits diverse businesses, disadvantaged- and low-income communities, and tribes.
Discover the latest updates from these CEC-funded projects helping California transition to a low-carbon, resilient and equitable energy economy.
Highlighting Innovation by the Numbers
In CEC funding awarded to organizations working to bring innovative new solutions to California's energy sector
In private investment raised by businesses after receiving CEC funding and support
Project Sites in California that have demonstrated new energy technology solutions with CEC funding
Featured Innovation Partners
Connect with CEC project partners leading clean energy innovation.
Learn about the key areas of focus for CEC-funded research.