The California Energy Commission invests more than $150 million annually in scientific and technological research for:
- Expanding the use of renewable energy
- Building a safer and more resilient energy system
- Advancing zero-carbon technologies for homes, businesses, and transportation
- Implementing a more decentralized electric grid
- Improving the affordability, health, and comfort of California’s communities
- Supporting California’s local economies and businesses
- Ensuring California’s transition to a low-carbon economy benefits diverse businesses, disadvantaged- and low-income communities, and tribes.
Discover the latest updates from these CEC-funded projects helping California transition to a low-carbon, resilient and equitable energy economy.