All Power Labs (APL)
All Power Labs designs, manufactures and deploys mobile biomass gasification systems that convert woody waste into electricity, heat, and biochar. Based in Berkeley, California, APL is a global leader in gasification innovation, with a dozen patents and hundreds of systems shipped to projects in over 40 countries.
All Power Labs (APL) is a Berkeley, CA-based company that designs, manufactures, and deploys equipment to convert organic wastes into carbon negative power and products. Our systems are based on biomass gasification, with outputs across electricity, heat
Awards We've Won
- California Energy Commission: EPC 14-051, "Cleaner Air, Cleaner Energy: Converting Forest Fire Management Waste to On Demand Renewable Energy", 2016 ($2.0M)
- National Science Foundation, Small Business Innovation Research: "Development of The Fuel Agnostic Swirl Hearth Gasifier", 2016 ($220k)
- California Energy Commission: PIR 16-010, "Innovative Microscale Biomass Gasifier Combined Cooling, Heating, and Power System", 2017 ($1.5M)
- California Energy Commission: EPC 17-017, "Developtment, Demonstration, and Deployment of Environmentally and Economically Sustainable Biomass-to-Energy Systems for the Forest and Food Waste Sector", 2017 ($1.5M)
- XPRIZE: Water Abundance prize 2018 (co-awardee, $1.75M)
- Water, Energy, and Technology Center: Valley Ventures accelerator cohort 5, 2020
- California Energy Commission: EPC 20-012 "Development and Demonstration of Distributed Biomass CHP Microgrid Systems", 2021 ($3.2M)
- Department of Energy, Small Business Innovation Research: "Novel Design for Biomass Renewable Energy Community Education Site", 2021 ($220k)
Our Sustainable Development GoalsAffordable and Clean Energy Climate Action Decent Work and Economic Growth Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure Responsible Consumption and Production
Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Programs We’ve Been Selected ForBlutech Valley BRIDGE
Learn about the CEC-funded research and development projects that our organization is participating in.
Get in Touch
Interested in connecting with our project team? Include your contact information and a brief message on what you'd like to discuss so that the CEC can connect you with the right person.