The project will demonstrate Zero Carbon Operation of advanced, all-electric manufactured homes with integrated PV and battery in low-income communities. We will show the benefits of these homes in drastically reducing electric utility costs and lowering emissions. We will also evaluate affordability with respect to first cost and 10-year cost of ownership, considering operational energy costs. The specific objectives are to:
• Build and commission energy efficient, all-electric manufactured homes with integrated PV and battery energy storage.
• Perform field validation of Zero Carbon Operation.
• Perform techno-economic analysis.
• Demonstrate a pathway to a 10-year cost of ownership of the advanced manufactured homes to be equal to or lower than HUD homes, considering energy cost savings.
• Solicit and consolidate the input of community and regional leaders and to build capacity with planning and permitting authorities to enable advanced manufactured housing.
Key Project Members
Frontier Energy, Inc.
Rocky Mountain Institute
Four Waters Media
Institute of Gas Technology dba GTI Energy